Looks like sharing files isn’t gonna work. Bart is now complaining of having three different google accounts for different purposes and he isn’t the only one logged in. Ergo, I will not play around with google-docs any further. If I had a thousand readers following this blog then maybe I can afford to throw Bart under the bus … okay maybe I could have phrased that better ☹
Instead, I have decided to have a spreadsheet summarising the state of play. There are 50 rows. Each row corresponds to an “action” which I define as a sequence of moves that reveals at least one more card (by turning over a face-down card or dealing from the stock). Note that clearing an empty column or removing a suit is not an action (unless you also happen to turnover a card). This is desirable because we know the maximum number of actions in a game is 50 – the game starts with 44 face-down cards and we deal six rounds, counting the initial ten face-up cards as our first action. If we win the game, then we must have exactly 50 actions. The converse is false since it is theoretically possible to reveal every card and still lose. But that’s a pathological situation most unlikely to occur. If you’re playing half-decent (and not a stooge), you can consider exposing all cards tantamount to winning.
Apologies for the lousy formatting but this will have to do for now.
|1||Deal 3c 5s 2h 5d 9s 6c 6s As 2s Kh|
|2||hi -> 7d|
|3||bg -> 7c|
|4||fb -> Kc|
|5||db -> 9c||other||pass||pass||other||other||other||other||other|
|6||ia -> 9s|
|7||gh -> Jd|
|8||Deal 2s 6d 4c 3d 2c Td Js 7s 8h 9c|
|9||fg,ij,jg,jg -> Tc||other||other||other?||other?||other?||other||pass?||other?||pass||illegal??||pass|
The current spreadsheet has only ten rows filled. Obviously when we get to the middlegame I would have a similar spreadsheet but with less empty rows. That is assuming the card gods are kind enough to actually let us reach 30 actions! Therefore no “indexing” is necessary. If I update the spreadsheet after (say) every fifth action then you only need to read the latest blog post to say up to date.
For each action I have recorded whether each blob played the chosen action (blank), suggested a different action (other) or offered no action (pass). A question mark or indicates at least one of the readers flagged the blob as sus. A double question mark indicates very sus (since not all mistakes are created equal!). Note that most of the actions so far are trivial, so many cells will be blank.
I have not recorded (1) if a blob accuses another blob of being sus or (2) the moves of alternative actions. There is only so much information the spreadsheet can have without becoming too cluttered. Recording any extra information is the responsibility of my readers. For instance, you might wanna keep notes on which players are experts, novices or somewhere in between.
In other words, I will be responsible for updating the basic spreadsheet and my readers will keep private records on whatever additional information they think will be useful.
Note that no action does not imply failure to contribute. For instance, Red may (1) give a specific reason why Blue’s action is inferior or (2) say “our long term goal is XYZ”. Either of these can be a valuable contribution, even if Red fails to give a specific sequence of moves. Of course, it could also be a not-so-valuable contribution if Red is a stooge 😊
Please let me know if this is a viable plan. If yes, then now is a good time to point out any errors in the spreadsheet 😊